I once heard that the conventional heart shape that we’ve all come to know & love was actually derived from the shapely derrière of a woman’s form…. & not the organ inside our chest cavities.
I may have heard that in a movie, I can’t remember which one.
& yes, I sometimes blindly believe what I hear in movies without doing any research.
I saw someone do a version of these cookies whilst perusing pinterest & figured it was time to share my gluten-free sugar cookie recipe. Not to mention, a certain holiday creeped up on us & in an attempt to play along with mushy romance I decided to give them a whirl.
Kinky cookies rock my world.
Ingredients: (makes approx. 72 cookies depending on size)
– 280g (1.25 cups) unsalted butter, room temp
– 200g (1 cup) sugar
– 0.5 tsp vanilla bean powder
– 1 large egg, room temp
– 30ml (2 tbs) milk, room temp
– 335g (2.5 cups) gluten-free cookie flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
1. cream together the butter, sugar & vanilla bean powder. Add in the egg & milk & beat until incorporated.
2. add the flour, salt & xanthan gum. Beat until fully incorporated.
3. flatten the dough into a disc & wrap in clingfilm. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
4. roll out the dough to 5mm (1/4 inch) thick. Cut our your desired shapes. Refrigerate the cookies for another hour before baking.
5. bake in a preheated oven at 176C for 12 to 14 minutes until the cookies are starting to turn golden around the edges. Remove from the oven & allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
6. cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
7. once the cookies are cooled, they can be decorated however you desire with royal icing.
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interested in something pretty, check out our designed page.