I’ve decided that since we’re getting closer to christmas, day by day inching forward, it’s time to bring out all the recipes that could potentially be given as gift.
Truffles are traditional. Hot chocolate mixes go a long way. Pre-made brownie mixes in a jar that’s been topped off with marshmallows & tied with a pretty red bow. You know, all that jazz.
Although I’m not going to do any of the aforementioned.
As always, I am once again guided by my stomach & a slave to the gods of cravings…. Yes. What I am basically saying is I want this, I want it now, if I eat it all I will be a little piggy with an extra layer of fat to keep myself warm during winter, so instead I’ll eat my fill & tie the rest off with a pretty gold bowl. No, that is not chocolate around the corners of my mouth I swear. Fine, yes it is.
My motives are irrelevant, let’s not bypass the most important point here in which I’m thinking about all my Christmas giving. Hurray for the holiday season!!!
- 375g (13.2oz) dark chocolate 80%
- 100g (0.75 cup) raw almonds with skins (or already roasted & just skip step 1)
- 1/16th tsp sea salt
1. preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF) & bake the almonds for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn. Remove from the oven when the time is up & allow to cool completely.
2. it makes life easier if the chocolate you have purchased is already in small pieces, if not, chop it down to small pieces. Carefully melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave until all the pieces are gone. Fold in the almonds & the sea salt slowly as to avoid air bubbles forming in your bars.
3. pour your chocolate mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment, spread the mixture around evenly with a spatula & then gently tap the tray a few times to give the top of the chocolate a nice smooth appearance. Allow to cool & harden for several hours before breaking into the desired sizes.
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interested in something pretty, check out our designed page.