Ahhh… back to our favorite combination, cheese & a starch. Before we went gluten free, I had a favorite italian pasta place I used to eat at where I always ordered the same ravioli dish time & again. It had an amazing cheese & lemon filling, with thyme & a creamy sauce. However the place fell victim of the curse that seems to be plaguing me… the very same curse that is causing all my favorite places to close down. I need to stop picking favorites it would seem.
…I don’t want to get into making homemade ravioli with gluten free flours just yet, I’m lazy & it’s going to take a lot of experimenting. So I’ve taken a different approach to get a similar result & this is what I came up with.
- 500 gr gluten-free brown rice pasta
- 250 gr ricotta cheese
- 175 gr buffalo mozzarella torn to pieces
- 150 gr mascarpone
- 50 gr Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs chopped thyme
- 1 tbs honey
- salt & pepper
1. Boil the pasta in salted water 2-3 minutes less than pack instructions.
2. Meanwhile mix everything else except 50 gr of the mozzarella in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix the drained pasta with the cheese mix and season with salt and pepper to your liking… some extra pepper here tastes nice.
4. Place in baking dish and sprinkle with reserved mozzarella. Bake for about 20 minutes at 220ºC.
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interested in something pretty, check out our designed page.