I’ve had a DIY overload.
I mean there has been the painting of our new chicken coop (yes, we did it blue & white to resemble the traditional way of painting island houses). There has been the cutting down of old dead trees with our brand new chainsaw. Slicing, sanding & painting of the wood from the trunks of the fallen trees. Beginning the work for an up coming designed cake for the son of one of my kindred spirits, she wants the cake topper to be an elephant. Baking, always more baking. And last but not least, packing for my trip to Boulder, Colorado. All of that has happened today.
ALL THAT DIY in ONE DAY!
Yes, I’m tired & I want a drink.
Thank goodness it’s Thursday, that’s all I have to say.
Say it with me now… “Thursday”.
I’ve got an interesting one for you today. I was trying to combine the relaxing effect of a warm cup of tea, with the cooling effect of adding a little lemon & ice to really help me unwind from all that hard work.
Ingredients, green tea syrup:
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 10 green tea, tea bags
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 460g (2 cups) sugar
1. bring the water to a boil, place the tea bags in the water & allow them to steep for 3 minutes (any longer & the tea will have a bitter taste). Remove the tea bags from the water & squeeze out any remaining liquid. Discard the tea bags.
2. pour the green tea into a pot, add the sugar & lemon zest. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat on the stove & let it continue to boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it & make sure to stir it constantly. Remove from the heat & allow it to cool.
Ingredients, cocktail: (makes 4 to 6)
- 125ml (0.5 cups) green tea syrup
- 125ml (0.5 cups) vodka
- 500ml (2 cups) soda water
- two slices of lemon
1. place all the ingredients in a pitcher & give it a stir to mix. Taste the beverage & adjust according to your taste. Adding more syrup will increase the flavor of the tea, but will also make the drink sweeter.
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interested in something pretty, check out our designed page.