Today, we celebrate.
I’ve not mentioned anything before, but it’s time to let you all into the loop… We’re moving!!!
That’s right, Mel & I are packing up the house, donating what we no longer use & headed off to the island of Syros.
Bet you didn’t see that coming.
This glorious event will be happening on Sunday… so before we get overwhelmed with all the madness & chaos, I thought it might be time to toast.
I also decided to take this opportunity to say sorry in advance if we’re missing for a few weeks, from what I hear our internet isn’t set up yet & it could be a while, we also don’t have a high enough voltage of electricity running through our humble dwellings to power the oven. Things make take a while so just sit tight.
Don’t worry about that yet, for now, mix up one of these & have a drink with me. For the stress that’s going to soon follow. Imagine this, if I don’t have an oven soon, I wont have a birthday cake. Fingers crossed please.
Ingredients, blackberry syrup:
– 150g (1 cup) blackberries, fresh or frozen
– 220g (1 cup) sugar
– 1 lemon, zest only
– 250ml (1 cup) water
Directions, blackberry syrup:
1. put the blackberries in a food processor & whiz until the berries have been completely broken down. Pour the juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds (cocktails just aren’t that much fun if you end up with seeds stuck between your teeth)
2. pour the blackberry juice into a pot, add sugar, zest & water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat & cook for about 15 minutes until it begins to thicken. Make sure to stir constantly & watch closely.
3. remove from the heat & allow to cool before making your cocktails.
– blackberry syrup (above)
– blackberry for garnish
1. pour a tablespoon or two of syrup into the bottom of your glass. Add the ice next, carefully. Add a shotglass of rum & then pour the gingerale ontop last. Garnish with a blackberry & serve.
If you liked the recipe, go check out our KICKSTARTER project for an upcoming Gluten-Free Cookbook!
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interested in something pretty, check out our designed page.